The MMU is fully equipped with a private, multi-purpose room that can be configured to a one-table operating room
A variety of surgical and, if needed, life-saving procedures can be performed in the operating room.
Surgical care within the MMU is provided primarily in the event of an emergency (unplanned) scenario, such as disaster, or other instance where capacity has been reduced or lost. Procedures performed would be those that are life-saving and stabilizing prior to transport to a higher level of care.
When configured for surgery, the multi-purpose room offers:
- HEPA filtration (15 air exchanges per hour)
- Alphastar Pro operating table
- anesthesia machine
- blanket and fluid warmer
- PACS station
- private emergency entrance or exit.
For first aid to critical care, the multi-purpose operating room can be configured as:
- a private exam space
- administrative area or office
- medical supply storage or staff respite area
- other, as required by specific user needs.
A complete list of the medical equipment is available upon request.