Are you requesting a deployment? Read on to find out what information is required to make a request, and what the process and general timeline is for deployment requests.
The Mobile Medical Unit is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is available 365 days a year.
Once activated for an emergency deployment, the Mobile Medical Unit can be on-site within 48 hours and can be completely self-sufficient for up to 72 hours with its own power, oxygen, water and waste capacity, alongside medical consumable and pharmaceutical supplies.
In case of emergency, a formal request process for activation of the MMU is in effect. This process is mediated through the Ministry of Health Emergency Management Unit or Health Emergency Management BC
The request process starts with you providing us with necessary information that will help us plan and organize.
Before you get started, be sure to have this information on hand:
- Hospital or facility director/leadership contact
- Facility management and operations contact
- Clinical lead contact
Please send a general request and include the following:
- Type of service request
- Required contact information
- Date or length of time of deployment
- We will respond to you, acknowledging receipt of your request.
- An MMU staff member will contact you and arrange a teleconference meeting for further inquiry.
- An on-site assessment will occur (if required) with the MMU staff at an agreed upon date.
- Deployment planning and logistics commences.
From the initial email to the planning stage, a planned deployment takes anywhere from one to six months to prepare. Planning is completed throughout the calendar year and can be requested at any time.
For planned requests of the MMU and all other inquiries, please contact us.