A publicly funded resource, the MMU is on call 24/7 to support B.C.'s health authorities.
Tour the Mobile Medical Unit
in this 3-minute video.
The MMU team and unit travel to each B.C. health authority to provide emergency response in the event of a disaster, or business continuity during renovations. It also provides clinical education and mobile health consultation services.
When not in active deployment, the MMU is protected in an indoor, climate-controlled warehouse facility to preserve its longevity and protect the medical equipment and consumable supplies.
A team of biomedical engineers have set up a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all medical equipment.
When on deployment, the MMU easily connects to a site’s electrical grid to run its clinical systems and equipment. In an emergency situation, the MMU can activate its two 100 kw diesel generators and be self-sufficient.
- Expands to 1,100 square-foot flexible patient care space
- Four monitored patient bays, six non-monitored
- Multi-purpose procedure room
- PACS compatible
- Medical imaging
- Point-of-care testing
- IMITS connectivity
- Two-level configuration (similar design to a NASCAR trailer)
- Required for transport of medical equipment
- Supply and storage of medical consumable supplies
- Kitchen and bathroom for support personnel
- Workshop for on-the-road maintenance and support
- Oxygen generator
- Welch Allyn Vital Signs Monitors
- Massimo Rainbow Pulse Oximeters
- Zoll X-Series Monitor/Defibrillator
- Bair Huggers
- Lifepak 15 Monitor/Defibrillator
- Glucometer "MMU 1"
- iSTAT Blood Analyzer "MMU 1"
- Glidescope Video Laryngoscope
- McGrath Video Laryngoscope
- Low Flow Oxygen Concentrators
- Bedside Ultrasound
- Hamilton T1 Ventilator
- LTV1000 Ventilator
- Lifeline Medicine Cart
- Simulation doll adult
- Simulation doll child
- Two 100Kw generators we have to provide power for the units
- Two step down transformers (600v and 480v)
- Power Cords
- Transport of the MMU team members
- Pulls the oxygen concentrator
- Two inflatable tents for multi-purpose use that can include first aid, equipment shelter, or administration
- Shore power hook-up to the hospital site
- City water & waste connections
- Connectivity with local hospital network so clinicians can access their own health authority system while in the unit
- Laptops and printer available upon request